Ex-Gratia Uplift for Eligible Civil Service Pensioners
Eligible public service pensioners who have served for ten years or more are expected to receive an ex-gratia uplift, starting this month (December 2023) as recently announced by Premier Hon Juliana O’Connor-Connolly.
To receive the ex-gratia uplift, pensioners must meet the following criteria:
- Be Caymanian by birth or acknowledgment
- In receipt of a cumulative monthly pension of less than $1,250
- Have attained the normal uplift age of 60 years of age if retired before June 2018 or 65 years old if retired after the same date or the age at which retired on due to being permanently disabled.
- Have held an office in the Public Service for any period of at least ten or more years in the aggregate, including;
- any period of pensionable service,
- a combination of periods of pensionable service and any period which may be considered in calculating eligibility for an ex-gratia pension, or
- any period which may be considered in calculating eligibility for an ex-gratia pension